June 26, 2020 Update
What you need to know:
- Most summer bin sites are in service. These sites are being closely monitored and maintained to safeguard the health and safety of the public and our staff. Please note posted health and safety warnings.
- Some bin sites have been identified as high priority sites requiring immediate action. For some, the bins have simply been moved to a different location. Although they have been moved away from lakes, rivers, and streams, illegal dumping puts service at these sites at risk. We ask for your help keeping these sites open. Please dispose of waste properly and do not leave waste outside of bins.
- For other high priority sites, bins have been removed due to the risk they pose to the environment and human health or we continue to work with property owners on better locations. We ask for your patience as we work through these details.
- Bin Site 7 – Beaumaris Yacht Club and Bin Site 60 – Parkers Marina have been removed at the request of the property owners – plans for alternate waste collection service is being put in place for the beginning of July.
- if you currently use curbside collection or a licensed transfer station, nothing has changed at this time.
Please monitor muskokarecycles.ca for any COVID-19 related service impacts.
What to watch for over the summer:
- Our project team continues to work on plans for long-term alternate waste collection for communities serviced by bin sites.
- COVID-19 has changed how we can undertake community and stakeholder consultation – we are planning consultation sessions this summer/early fall with bin site hosts, cottage/lake association representatives, and impacted communities. If you represent a cottage or lake association and haven’t completed the survey below, we’d appreciate hearing from you. Please submit your contact information below via the survey.
For more information and for Bin Status in each region of Muskoka please click here